Thursday, January 25, 2018

Weeks 1 and 2

              Hello all! I certainly hope everyone enjoyed the last post. As you all know, I have re-set myself yet again on my weight loss journey. Well, in this post i'm going to let you all know how everything is going so far.
              When I started on day one of this journey, I honestly didn't know how long I could keep this up. I made the following rules for myself:
                                         1) don't eat a lot of read
                                         2) STAY AWAY FROM FRIED FOOD
                                         3) stay away from candy and chocolate
         The very first week, I was extremely determined. I ate very well. The only sweet thing I ate was fruit. I was also good about staying away from fried food. I ate pretty well every day. For breakfast I  mostly ate a banana and some oatmeal. For lunch, it was either a turkey wrap or a sandwich and maybe some apple slices. For dinner we kind of mixed things up with pork chops, steak, or chicken with a healthy side dish. At the end of week one, I ended up being down two pounds already!!
           Week two started out great!! I had just come off of the two pound weight loss from week one, and had been to the gym a couple times for an amazing couple of workouts. My eating habits started out pretty good. I was eating the same banana and oatmeal for breakfast, packing my lunches. Then something kind of rough happened.
             During one of my workouts on a Friday, I hurt my back. I ended up hurting myself for a bad reason. I had a sort of bug up my butt and decided I wanted to be in the cardio room at the gym for 45 min. As part of this goal, I spent 10 min on the elliptical. What some of you might not know is that a 4'11" frame does not belong on a traditional elliptical. Doing this action caused me to severely strain a joint in my back. I have gone through a lot to recover from this injury. I have had to see a chiropractor 4 times in a week. I also have to be extremely good about stretching and putting ice and heat on my back periodically.
              Having this injury messed with the really good eating I was doing. For the most part I have still been eating relatively well, however there have been a few meals that were not ideal. The first part of the week I wasn't eating enough because the pain was messing with my appetite. I spent the better part of three days sleeping, trying to recover after going to the chiropractor. When I started feeling better, I began to let myself have a little bit of the bad food I had been craving. There were a few nights we had fries as part of our dinner. The first two times I let myself get away with because we baked them in the oven.....(still not really ok to eat). The third time was really bad.....we ended up eating at a local fast food place because I came home from work starving. 
              Somehow, at the end of week two I still managed to loose another two pounds! I don't know if mostly eating good actually paid off or how it happened, but my body doesn't feel as good as it did the end of week one when I ate completely good food.
                  I'm very much hoping that I can keep us this weight loss momentum even with my slip ups. Keep an eye out for an update on week three! We can do this weight loss thing butterflies, just keep focused! May us butterflies ALWAYS soar!

No comments:

Post a Comment