Sunday, January 31, 2021

Life Update!!!!!!

    Hey there everyone!!! Once again, it has certainly been a long time since my last post. Boy, has a lot happened in my life since then! Ben and I got married in May of 2019!!! That part of life has been absolutely fantastic!! Within the first year of marriage, I got a promotion with work. I went from being an Assistant Front End Manager for Albertsons to being a full fledged Front End Manager! I'm not going to lie, the adjustment was not easy breezy, but I grew and learned and am doing pretty good at this job! 

    The store I currently work at is busier than my old store, so that was one thing to try and get used to. The other thing I had to get used to was the travel. It was an adjustment for both Ben and I. I had to get used to driving more, while Ben had to get used to me being away from home a little bit more. I think we have hit our stride now though. We have gotten ourselves into a nice little routine.

   Unfortunately, I have a somewhat bad update on my weight loss journey that I was on the last time I wrote. I have gotten on and off the horse with that a few times since the last post. The last real success I had was leading up to our wedding. I had lost almost thirty pounds at one point. Sadly, the stress of work along with the wedding planning got to me and I completely lost focus on those goals. However, I have in the last month gotten re-focused again. I have a weigh-in today which we will see how that goes.

    Since my last entry, I have officially entered my thirties! Boy was that interesting. Leading up to my thirtieth, I really started to self reflect. I looked back at my twenties and found myself thinking " What have I truly accomplished in my life?". That was not the best time for me. I began to focus too much on the negative things that had happened in my life. I was thinking about my first marriage, not finishing college, not being in the position I saw myself in at work, no kids....you see where this is going?  Then I finally started looking forward. What did I want to happen in my thirties? Ben and I decided on some pretty big goals. First, we want to purchase a home together to start our family in. Then, we want to begin an adoption. One professional goal I made for myself was that I want to be an Assistant Store Director.

    Well guys, that pretty much catches you up! I'm sorry it's been so long, and I hope to get back to making this a more consistent thing again. Thanks for reading, I hope your lives are going well! May we butterflies always soar!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment